AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an HTPC running the Radeon 9600 XT with component adapter. I am running a 6ft run of component cable to the HD inputs on my 27" Philips HDTV. I just received the adapter and cables today. Before I had been running the unit on S-Video. I now have the TV hooked up and am running it at 800x600 @ 60hz. That is the lowest setting windows will let me use. In this setting the display is too big to fit on the screen and when you move the mouse the display moves to accomidate.

I am wondering what software/settings I need to get this baby running correctly. I was good with s-video but now I have no idea what I am doing. I have read about powerstrip and such but really have no clue.

Can someone offer me advice or point me to a place where I can find some answers.

thanks

madison

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i am messing with power strip, clicking on different resolutions. trying to get the ones that say ATI HDTV to work...

man i have no idea what i am doing...

The model # is 27PT8302/37

Says it can accept

Tuner/Reception/Transmission

HDTV interlaced : HD 1080i, 33.750 kHz, 60 Hz

EDTV progressive scan : ED 480p, 31.470 kHz, 60 Hz

any ideas?

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are what I am trying to display. But I cant find any that fit the screen size correctly. Either that or they will fit at 30hz but not at 60hz. Power strip has me confused. Any ideas?

thanks

madison

· Registered
387 Posts
There was a giant thread by Karnis that contains all of the necessary powerstrip settings for use with the component adaptor (and instructions). It is basically a copy and past into powerstrip to get it up and running, and then you can fine tune to your specific tv. It use to be a sticky, and is floating in this forum somewhere. I don't have it bookmarked at work or I would give you the link.

· Registered
6,664 Posts
Just within Windows if you go to where you change the resolutions, if you hit the advanced button, then the adaptor tab, there will be a button for list all modes. That should give you a lower resolution option than what you're seeing, including a 640x480, which should display fine.

Then in PS set that as your default setting and try the pre-defined resolutions. There should be several for many of the resolutions and some will work and some won't. Find one that works the best and then tweak it.

For my set I have 720x480 and 1776x1000i setup with PS. The latter is for video, and you might need something different depending on what resolutions your set supports.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.