AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Unfortunately, I purchased a new LED TV some time ago but I did not research as well as I thought I did. The speakers sound terrible and I see no way to plug any kind of external speakers. I purchased a Samsung UN32D4003BD. (See connection page of manual below.)  Is it possible to some how use the HDMI for speakers?  I have plugged in a hub which I use for other devices, but I dont think I have the proper HDMI out connection.

Any help/options you could provide is greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to the Samsung product page.  http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN32D4003BDXZA-specs

Thank you,

Kim Huff

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
TVs typically don't have outputs to drive extension speakers. They have outputs to send audio to an AVR. That's what you need to get.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Bill,

ARe you saying that if I had an Audio/Video Receiver, I have adequate connections to make it work?  What connection would they plug into?

Sorry, but I have a complete blind spot when it comes to AV.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhuff1701  /t/1521514/help-tv-needs-external-speakers-but-dont-see-a-way-to-connect-them#post_24454505

Bill,

ARe you saying that if I had an Audio/Video Receiver, I have adequate connections to make it work?  What connection would they plug into?

Sorry, but I have a complete blind spot when it comes to AV.

The 4003 series of samsungs have always had a big problem. They do not have any kind of audio output! If a video/audio signal is going into this tv via any of its inputs there is no way to get it back out.

The only way to use this tv with external speakers if your input would first go through a device like a cable box, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTheKid  /t/1521514/help-tv-needs-external-speakers-but-dont-see-a-way-to-connect-them#post_24454565

The 4003 series of samsungs have always had a big problem. They do not have any kind of audio output! If a video/audio signal is going into this tv via any of its inputs there is no way to get it back out.

The only way to use this tv with external speakers if your input would first go through a device like a cable box, etc.
Chris,

Thank you for your response.  I do have the new Xfinity X1 platform. This TV is in my office and this has one of what I call a "satellite" hub.  Meaning, the main hub with the bigger box is not in my office.  Do you know if it is possible to make this work using the equipment I have?  Minus the speakers I still need to purchase.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhuff1701  /t/1521514/help-tv-needs-external-speakers-but-dont-see-a-way-to-connect-them#post_24454696

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTheKid  /t/1521514/help-tv-needs-external-speakers-but-dont-see-a-way-to-connect-them#post_24454565

Chris,

Thank you for your response.  I do have the new Xfinity X1 platform. This TV is in my office and this has one of what I call a "satellite" hub.  Meaning, the main hub with the bigger box is not in my office.  Do you know if it is possible to make this work using the equipment I have?  Minus the speakers I still need to purchase.

look on the back of the "satellite hub" and see if there is an audio out; whether analog or digital. That is what you'll have to run to some type of amp/receiver then out to speakers.

EDIT

If the satellite hub looks like above you are golden. you just need a receiver that accepts digital optical

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimhuff1701  /t/1521514/help-tv-needs-external-speakers-but-dont-see-a-way-to-connect-them#post_24454940

Chris,

Thank you again for the quick reply.  Here is what the back of my "hub" looks like.

That blue cable is an HDMI cable connecting to the TV, correct? If so, you can connect that HDMI cable to an HDMI input on a receiver, and then connect the receiver to the TV.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Could run hdmi to receiver or next to where it says video out the white and red RCA jacks or the digital jack to a reciever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts