AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my X1 and have been experimenting with various things. I see that most recommend the film mode, but the presentation mode is much brighter, why not use it? Also, there is the color temp selection, any recommendations there?

·
Registered
271 Posts
The presentation mode will give you a brighter picture but will wash out the colours. I just use the default colour setting and it is great, mind you I haven't used any set-up discs yet. Enjoy.

·
Registered
602 Posts
should normally be set at "lowest" as that setting is closest to D65K, the color temperature standard in the NTSC system.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean lowest? I have cool, warmer and warmest.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pcostanz
What do you mean lowest? I have cool, warmer and warmest.
Warmest. Sorry.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed that the presentation mode has more crawlies than the other modes. It is not as smooth.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
It's been explained in another thread that the only difference between Video and Film mode is that Video has a higher gamma setting. So between those two modes, use whichever you think looks the best. Video mode is just a little brighter.

Presentation mode uses the white segment of the color wheel which makes everything a lot brighter so you can use it in a room with some lights on. It can be useful for watching sports or other casual viewing when you don't want to sit in the dark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.