AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after hearing family complain about not having a blueray or 1080p in our livingroom i went to a local store yesterday and compared the 65vt30 against the samsung 64 inch 8000 series. my wife and i didnt like the red/pink tint to whites we saw on the samsung, we also noticed that moving objects on the samsung had a jitter effect that we dont have on our old 55 inch hitachi 55hdt79 and wasnt on the pannys

on the other side of the samsung was a 65st30... im telling you we are having a hard time deciding between these 2 sets. the internet widget stuff isnt that important for us , we will be connecting to an xbox and ps3 and a marantz ud7006. the vt is $800 more {including blue ray player and a pair of 3d glasses} than the ST. we have a bright room with large patio doors and windows on 2 sides.

is it worth 800 more to get the vt? im still ok watching dtv and playing xbox games on my 720p hitachi... but i do have to say these are both amazing looking tv's... for the price difference i could pick up a 50 inch st for my bedroom to replace a older 42inch 720p hitachi but was going to replace that with the 55 from the livingroom

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPtimes2 /forum/post/20831937

Based on reports of the AR filter, the VT30 should be better for a bright room. That would be important to me if it was my decision.

thanks for the reply, going to purchase the VT tomorrow.....

·
Registered
550 Posts
My guess is that you will be using this TV for many years to come. As such, I wouldn't hesitate at a $800 difference. The VT is a terrific TV and I prefer its styling over the ST. I plan to purchase one in the fall...

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
I would hesitate to spend another $800...that $800 will cover a new TV or almost 50% of a new 65"+ screen in the future. But I've never been a top of the line person, which explains why I own the 65ST30. So I am definitely biased.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.