AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used a process recommended on another for using Avia for the HD input.

I ran the composite out from the dvd player to the in on the vcr, then the rf out on the vcr to the antenna in on the Hughes E86 receiver, then used component out to the DTV input of my Mits 46807. I get no picture at all on the screen.

With this setup, my cable box can still get its signal to the tv. It runs rf out to in on vcr, then the vcr is set up like i said, its rf out to the antenna in on the Hughes receiver. I can watch every channel from my cable box through the hughes receiver, but the dvd won't play the avia disc. Can anyone tell me what I might be missing?

Is the disc copy-protected so that it doesn't run through the vcr?

Please help,

Neal

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Make sure your VCR is set to output a signal via RF (some let you turn this off like my JVC) and tune the Hughes receiver to the channel the VCR is set for. This should work. It worked with my DTC-100.

SMK

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the replies. It seems like I have tried everything. The vcr is set to channel 3, the switch on the back of the Hughes is set to 3, I turn to channel 3 on the Hughes guide, all with nothing.

This is baffling me..I can watch my cable box with no problem right through the Hughes box. I must have something wrong somewhere...but I am stumped.

Neal

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Neal:

Todd's comment is a good one. You should not have the VCR set to channel 3, it should be set to either aux or line in or whichever your VCR uses for the composite input. That is where you are having the problem. The VCR output should be set to Channel 3, but the INPUT needs to be one of the above.

SMK

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies,

I got it to work without even trying to make it work..I was just fiddling around with it and all the sudden it started working. I looked at how it was setup, so hopefully I won't have problems when I try to redo it.

Thanks again,

Neal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.