AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm pretty new to this and don't know a whole lot about setting up my PC with a HT so bear with me. I think I'm posting in the right area but maybe not.

I have an HP M8430f media center PC with the following and I'm waiting for a few more things:

-Nvidia 8500GT 512mb purevideo? (HDMI, DVI, S-Video)

-ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 (NTSC/ATSC Combo)

-Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 x64 (with media center)

-Remote and IR dongle and IR blaster

-22" HP monitor

-Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

-4GB memory

Will have (on order):

-Samsung LN40A530

-Motorola DCT-6200 cable box

Don't know if all that info is any help or not.

I'm wondering if I will be able to hook up both my new TV and my existing PC to my HDTV cable box (DCT-6200) independently. I want to be able to use MCE to record TV using it's guide and then play it back on my TV. I also want to be able to watch TV on the Samsung, i guess with the cable box directly, while the recording is taking place and at other times use my computer for other things while watching TV on the Samsung. I basically want to know if this set up will allow for 2 feeds to be coming out of the cable box at one time? It seems to me like this how most would have a HTPC set up but I'm probably completely wrong, maybe they do it all from their HTPC. I've never seen a HTPC set up so I don't know.

I guess I'm trying to use my PC like a HTPC without having proper audio, case, replacing my tuner with QAM one and a whole lot more. At Least it seems like I'm a long way off when I read some of the stuff on here.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I would like to have this set up ready for when my TV gets here. I have been trying to find this info in the forums but the information just seems a little over my head, so I'm sorry if these questions seem simple. Any advice on how I could/should improve my setup would also be appreciated.

I was also wondering if anyone knew off hand if my graphics card will support BD drive (HDCP compliant)?

Thanks,

Ivor

1 - 1 of 1 Posts