AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Getting black and white vertical lines from projector 3-5 mins after turning on the projector. It works fine after a cycle of leaving it with lines (5-10mins), turn off(2-3 mins)) and turn on again.

The lines go off after following cycle everyday. I have to leave projector on with lines for 5 mins and then shutdown projector and turn it on after say couple of mins. Most of the times project turns on fine and then continues for play video till I turn it off (can play continuously for 4-5 hrs even). It work fine on turning on again in next 2-3 hrs. However leave it off overnight and I have to repeat the cycle described above. Wonder what is going on and what can be done to get rid of lines completely.

Please help. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
Best guess is a flaky connection in a ribbon or board connector. Disassembling and reseating all the connectors might fix it. Poor solder joint on a component might also be the culprit. Worst case a temperature sensitive component failure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best guess is a flaky connection in a ribbon or board connector. Disassembling and reseating all the connectors might fix it. Poor solder joint on a component might also be the culprit. Worst case a temperature sensitive component failure.
I have taken out projector and tried to remove and reconnect all physical connections. I wonder if I should use reflow gun on IC.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts