AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 5040 went belly up a couple weeks back (infinite reboot on please wait... screen), so we RMA'd it and sent it back. A refurbished replacement arrived a couple days ago, but this unit has an annoying habit of frequently not responing to button presses on the remote. At times it gets so bad that I have to press a button ten times before the unit responds. This happens regardless of where I hold the remote or what RTV functions I'm performing (channel guide surfing, pausing, menu navigation, etc.). The functions that control the TV (power, volume) work fine, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the remote.

I read in another post that some people experiencing this problem sent their unit back, but given that this unit is itself a replacement, we're not enthusiastic about returning it again (not another 2 weeks of no replay!) for another refurbished unit. In addition, the replacement came with a torn "warranty void if removed" sticker on the back, so it isn't even clear if they would take it back.

Is there a solution to this problem, or do I just have to suck it up, return it and hope for the best? Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.