AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd tried searching forum, but almost everyone's talking about price. My question is I'm trying to connect my cablevision STB to the Pany 7UY. And my STB only has a Coax connection where the 7UY has S-Video, and componet. So am I screw?

Can someone please let me know what part do I need? I would really appreciate it, or rather my son whom's 3 will really appreciate it. He wants to watch PBS kids which is on cable.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you have a VCR, you can go coax from VCR to STB. Then composite (yellow) or svid to Panny. OR, you could ask your cable provider for a newer box made in the last 5 years...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou.... I may have to look into getting a new VCR just for this purpose. Doesn't the Panny have any adapters boards which does this?

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson479
I'd tried searching forum, but almost everyone's talking about price. My question is I'm trying to connect my cablevision STB to the Pany 7UY. And my STB only has a Coax connection where the 7UY has S-Video, and componet. So am I screw?

Can someone please let me know what part do I need? I would really appreciate it, or rather my son whom's 3 will really appreciate it. He wants to watch PBS kids which is on cable.
I didn't think any cable companies were even using those old RF-only cable boxes any more. You should turn it in for a new Hi-Definition Digital cable box - if they even offer it. You probably get the local HD channels as part of your package too, unless you subscribe to the most basic analog service.

You need to find out what kind of cable boxes they offer (mine has 5 different ones) then select the one that fits you best. If we know what they offer then you can get feedback on that particular unit. If they offer an HD DVR i'd get that :)

In the meantime, as oldschool said you can use an old VCR. You should be able to pick up a broken one that eats tapes for little of nothing since all you need is the tuner portion. Ask your friends if they have any old unused VCRs you can have or borrow or buy one from Craigslist or a local thrift shop or sumthin.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I really recommend treating yourself to a visit from the cable company with a high def cable box. They will hook it up for you and make sure everything is working, and you will be able to enjoy your new TV to its best with the high def programming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.