AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all... ok, my beloved LT240 still has not been properly mounted, it sits on the cardboard box it arrived in for over a month now, and i am unsure what direction to go in for my mounting needs... heres the situation..:

if you examine the image below, you will see where i am wanting to mount the unit, above the couch and window... the ceiling has an odd slant right there, and it appears that my install will require not just the mount itself, but some sort of 'extension pole' that will allow the projector to be pushed forward a bit, and then lowered to sit in front of the window glass itself, perhaps 14 centimeters lower than the top of the window for optimum throw against our wall/screen... so the normal Peerless mount will not work i don't think..?

is there a 'turnkey' solution to my needs, that allows these sort of positions? i'd really love to get this mounted sometime soon, but have no idea what i will need to purchase to get this done... is there a common mounting system that can meet my needs, or any other resource someone can direct me towards? thanks to you all in advance..!

http://twash.com/temp/couch_view.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check on the internet for peerless mounts. Specifically, the cathedral ceiling adaptor and the extension pole. It should work in your situation.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Specifically, the cathedral ceiling adaptor and the extension pole. It should work in your situation.
thanks to you D. Fisher... i did find a couple of pictures of this cathedral ceiling adapter... but, it looks like i would end up putting it all the way up on the ceiling, w/ a very long pole to bring it downward for the proper throw; would it be possible to use a different adapter of some sort that would allow me to attach it directly to the wall above the window, that would protrude horizontally somewhat, and then "L" downward, w/ one of the adjustable poles, allowing me to place the projector in front of the window itself, w/out a needless and unsightly pole reaching all the way towards the ceiling perhaps? over at the peerless site, i became confused very quickly looking at all the different options..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gentle bump on this one..? is it not possible to install in the way i describe above, must this run straight down from the ceiling utilizing the above-mentioned "cathedral ceiling" adapter..?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
I believe NEC makes a mounting bracket for this projector. The part # is LT60CM. The cost is about $195. Contact NEC.
thx jimsfield, but i was referring more to the odd placement i'm going to need within my install... having both the slanting roof, along w/ the window sill that needs to be cleared has proven problematic..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx jimsfield, but i am referring more to my odd install requirements, my slanting ceiling and needing to clear the window sill horizontally...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi. I was thinking you could install a shelf on the wall just above your window. Then, you could use a standard peerless mount to hang your projector from the underside of the shelf. Just an idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.