AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this board, and you guys really seem to know what you're talking about.

Spent all day setting up my new home theater only to have trouble. Here's my set up:

-Epson 8350 Projector

connected to the HDMI out on my receiver, the Sony STR DN1010.

Connected to the DN1010 via HDMI, i have a Sony BDP S380 Blu -Ray Player and an Xbox 360.

Connected via component cables i have a Wii.

The problem is that I'm having trouble getting any image to display from the projector. I am able to view the DN1010's GUI menus over the projector, but every time I select a different input on the DN1010, there is no image and I get the "HDMI1 No Signal" message from the projector.

Any ideas? I've tried different cables, I've tried booting everything else up before the projector. I've also tried connecting the Blu Ray player and the Xbox 360 directly to the projector, and both seem to display fine.

So my question is, why am I able to see the Receiver's GUI menu on my projector, but yet none of the components that are plugged into the receiver?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Your receiver might act like my Onkyo 605 did. You might need to enter the receiver setup menu and make sure that the receiver is setup for HDMI Video Output. Might be a video section in the menu, and like mine, it asked "Would you like to set HDMI Video Output for all Devices" and said yes. I then had to assign my HDMI inputs to a certain button audio selection of my choosing. So right now i have my XBox to AUX and my PS3 to Game/TV. HDMI is set out to my Epson 8350 HDMI Input 1 and i have my cable box directly hooked into HDMI Input 2 on the Epson, with an optical cable to the receiver for sound.

Hopefully this will fix everything for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts