AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.... have a pretty decent sized FROG (family room over garage) in my just moved-in townhome, it's roughly 20 x 18. One wall shared with a neighbor. Attached pic shows my existing setup, the arrows indicate the direction the speakers are currently facing. For reference, the recliner is 13.5 ft from the television. Couch is about 15ft. TV is a 50" plasma.

Not sure how to set it up. The recliner is angled toward the TV and is my primary viewing position. But my family/friends sit on the couch and other chair. The recliner position has me stuck on positioning the rears. I defenitely don't want to ceiling mount, want to keep them on the stands.

I'm debating getting a sub, but don't want to piss the neighbors off. That said, appears to be concrete walls between us as they have 3 teenagers and I can't hear a whisper from them..... even when the room is dead quiet and I hold my ear to the wall. It's eerily soundproof 6 weeks in, but I can hear bass from my fronts underneath the room in my garage.

How do you guys recommend I angle/position my speakers? If I get a sub, would it make sense to run a long subwoofer cable and have it against the wall not shared?

Any advice on my current setup is appreciated!

Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
"Shared walls" and "sound systems" generally do not mix well, unfortunately. Don't get the subwoofer; it will only work to annoy your neighbors.

I would try to move the sides to the actual side -- use a pole mount or ceiling suspension mount, perhaps?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts