AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am interested in buying a new TV for mostly gaming and blu-ray purposes (PS3). But I am pretty overwhelmed with the variables that go into buying the right TV for me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am looking for a 46 inch, non-3D TV. It doesn't necessarily have to be plasma, but from what information I've gathered, they are worth it. My budget is around $1,500 (preferably around the $1000 range, but willing to stretch if necessary).

I play fast-twitch games like Black Ops and sport games so the input lag times are pretty important to me. But I also would like something that will impress friends and family with blu-rays and what not.

Wifi and apps are not important to me. Pandora would be nice but not a deal breaker.

Again, I appreciate you guys reading this and will thoroughly review any advice given. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. only Panasonic makes 46"; the tc-p46g25 is probably the best (non-3d) in that size. If 3d, then VT25 series, but unsure if 46" is offered. Oh, said to handle gaming/IR very well, just allow for some wear-in time (~100hrs).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the input daniel'son.

Let's say that I also wanted to include 50 inch plasmas into the picture, with all other requirements remaining the same. Would your recommendation change? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. not really; might also include the Samsung PN50C550. is mentioned, both handle gaming well (relative has 50A550/PS3; very good performer) & IR is not a major issue.

add: might include the 54" G25 is sitting a/r 12ft from set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts