AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up.

I'm looking for a portable speaker setup to play music. I host a handful of backyard parties during the summer & organize a few others at the beach and park. I moved recently and left behind a 4 speaker JBL setup I had put in the backyard that sounded great- clear, rich sound and good bass that filled the backyard with sound from each corner. I need a new setup but decided I want consolidate to a single portable battery powered setup to play off of my phone or laptop that I can use in the backyard & also on the go. Basically I’m looking for a setup that will produce very crisp sound, deep bass and can be turned up loud without distorting. It will often be used to play dance music & deep house. The most important thing is for the sound to be crisp and full. I try to get music in FLAC whenever possible and play from an SD card when possible.
I looked briefly and found many BT & USB/ SD Card enabled PA speakers that seem to be exactly what I’m looking for at around the $200 price range. Only issue is that most look to only go up to 100 watts., which is expected as it would either be under-powered, too large or battery drain would be too quick.
Are there actually any 600 watt portable setups or maybe a separate portable battery pack that can be purchased to power a 600 watt speaker on the go? If not, are there any portable setups with built-in batteries that would likely be enough for what I'm looking for ?
If anyone could point me in the direction of a good speaker for this I would appreciate it

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Hey guys whats up.

I'm looking for a portable speaker setup to play music. I host a handful of backyard parties during the summer & organize a few others at the beach and park. I moved recently and left behind a 4 speaker JBL setup I had put in the backyard that sounded great- clear, rich sound and good bass that filled the backyard with sound from each corner. I need a new setup but decided I want consolidate to a single portable battery powered setup to play off of my phone or laptop that I can use in the backyard & also on the go. Basically I’m looking for a setup that will produce very crisp sound, deep bass and can be turned up loud without distorting. It will often be used to play dance music & deep house. The most important thing is for the sound to be crisp and full. I try to get music in FLAC whenever possible and play from an SD card when possible.
I looked briefly and found many BT & USB/ SD Card enabled PA speakers that seem to be exactly what I’m looking for at around the $200 price range. Only issue is that most look to only go up to 100 watts., which is expected as it would either be under-powered, too large or battery drain would be too quick.
Are there actually any 600 watt portable setups or maybe a separate portable battery pack that can be purchased to power a 600 watt speaker on the go? If not, are there any portable setups with built-in batteries that would likely be enough for what I'm looking for ?
If anyone could point me in the direction of a good speaker for this I would appreciate it
These:

http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-EUR...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00EMDNQSO

Also, there is thread on this forum that discusses it's bigger brother (with a 15" woofer) .. you may want to look that up for further info.

·
Banned
5,183 Posts
Someone else asked this question a while back and didn't get any real good answers. There's a lot out there to choose from you may just have to read some amazon reviews and pick one out.

If you need big power you might look at a DIY option. You can buy car amps that have direct iPod inputs so you don't need a receiver. Just add a car battery and speaker of choice. You can wire multiple car batteries in parallel to get a longer runtime with them. If you go this route buy deep cycle marine batteries. They tend to recover better when drained.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. That 1000-watt Behringer looks sweet. I think I will end up doing a DIY with some marine batteries like you said but want to take my time to get it right the first time around.

In the mean time, for simplicity, what are the best All-In-One Battery Powered (rechargeable) PA speakers on the market right now? Most important thing for me before anything else is superb sound quality, good bass and ability to get very loud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts