AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this LCD HDTV from Costco on Friday. This is my first HDTV purchase and I had a couple of questions.

1) HDTV channels look great (some better then others - Discovery HD looks the best), but are the regular non-HD stations supposed to look fuzzy and somewhat digitized? Not sure proper words, but it looks pixelized or very digital.

2) Will I notice a better signal or any picture performance increase by hooking up my HDTV to HDMI or DVI, opposed to, Component?

3) My cable box has a DVI on the back. So, would it be ok to get a HDMI -> DVI cable? without any performance degredation?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't help you yet. I purchased the same TV last night but it's still in the box.

After searching here for an hour, yours is the only mention of this TV that I've found.

We were planning to buy the Samsung LN-S 1952 (it's for a bathroom wall) but my husband couldn't resist the 4" larger screen for not much more $$ with Costco's current coupon.

I plan to split a DirecTV (and perhaps plain Tivo) signal between this and a Vizio VX32L that is around the corner.

I'm looking forward to any help that your posting draws.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.