AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that while watching a movie (pretty much only HD/BD at this point) that after a very dark scene where its mostly black has started a global black level change will occur. It will occur again when the scene begins to have less black in it.

For instance:

-Scene is outside, everything is fine

-Scene enters a poorly lit house, everything is still fine

-Scene then enters a cave where only somebody's face is lit by a candle

--Everything will be fine for 1-2s then the whole screen's black level will lower (the blacks become more black)

-Scene then goes back to the poorly lit house

--Black levels rise (the blacks become a little more grey)

WTF is causing this? In the video menu I've turned off any setting that looks like it tries to do anything automatically for you and turned anything like 'Black corrector' or 'Dynamic blahblah' off or as low as it'll go. My Picture is at 72 and my Brightness is at 62...

Any help would be appreciated, its really irritating.

Sam

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you tried turning Game-Mode On?

Sometimes the panel will auto-dim usually during scenes like the credits at the end of a movie.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizam /forum/post/14337557

I've noticed that while watching a movie (pretty much only HD/BD at this point) that after a very dark scene where its mostly black has started a global black level change will occur. It will occur again when the scene begins to have less black in it.

For instance:

-Scene is outside, everything is fine

-Scene enters a poorly lit house, everything is still fine

-Scene then enters a cave where only somebody's face is lit by a candle

--Everything will be fine for 1-2s then the whole screen's black level will lower (the blacks become more black)

-Scene then goes back to the poorly lit house

--Black levels rise (the blacks become a little more grey)

WTF is causing this? In the video menu I've turned off any setting that looks like it tries to do anything automatically for you and turned anything like 'Black corrector' or 'Dynamic blahblah' off or as low as it'll go. My Picture is at 72 and my Brightness is at 62...

Any help would be appreciated, its really irritating.

Sam

It's an LCD ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts