AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Sony surround sound receiver etc. and I think it may not be working correctly. When I have a 5.1 signal, the surround back Right speaker has great sound and I can hear all the surround noises but the surround back left speaker it putting out only faint noises (nothing like the right speaker). (I have all speakers hooked up correctly and speakers are not broken as I switched them to make sure left was actually working). What do I need to do to correct this problem. Is this normal? Shouldn't the back speakers put out the sound sound volume?

When I run the "test speakers" it gives a very loud test static noise from center and right surround, but only faint static test sounds out of the front right/left and surround left. Is something wrong. How do I fix this? Thanks.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
First, we should address your test tones. Double check your channel levels. If they are incorrect, correct them.

If after correcting your channel levels (if needed,) if you still are not getting proper sound from the left surround channel, I would guess something is broken in that signal path.

If something is broken, it's likely not worth repairing, as most Sony receivers are budget models. Unless it's a beloved ES model or something like that, I would replace it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.