AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HTPC with a Nvidia 660 Ti graphics card, JCV RS45 and Powerdvd13.

I set up the graphics card to do 3d (did the left eye right eye teset).

I started the movie and clicked on enable 3d.

On the pj the pic doesn't look distorted like I would expect with glasses. It's only if I play with the paralax that I get a double image and with glasses on it unifies it. So this tells me that the glasses and IR emitter is working.

The disc is labelled blu ray 3d

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
is 3d vision enabled.

I had the same issue with 3D, There is a program under nvidia called Enable 3D vision.

I enabled this started PowerDVD and played it with 3d enabled. It will switch the projector into 1080p24FP.

I think that is all I did to get it to work. But I will let you know that the Ghosting is worse with a HTPC on JVC then it is with a 3d Blu-ray player or ps3.

I have the RS40 FYI

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply.

I am also using a Marantz av7005 and reading the description at the Marantz website it says that the hdmi is 1.4a and 3d ready (just pointing ths out as I was concerned about this as when I purchased it, it was long before 3d was common and not a focus for me at the time).

I also ran a program by powerdvd that check cpu, ram and a number of other features of the pc to ensure that I can play 3d blu ray.

I will go and double checkc the NVidia settings but pretty sure that I right clicked on my main screen of the pc to open the NVidia control panel and enabled 3d. But I will go back and check those settings.

I feel like the issue is that a 3d signal is not reaching the projector as the pj it self the glasses seem to be working as when I manually create a parallax the glasses bring the pic back together. Is it safe to say that the glasses are working if that happens since they are active glasses so without functioning the pic should still be a double image?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought last night I had enabled 3d on the g card but when I looked again today it was not checked.

I forgot to click apply before closing.

No ghosting with the RS45/Youniversal glasses/stock emitter/Powerdvd 13/Nvidea 660 ti so far with this movie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts