AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I have a major problem with my plasma display and hoped someone on here may be able to help. Seems a good community here so here goes.

I've had my Panasonic TH42PH10BK for about 3 months. Last week it suddenly developed a strange problem where the picture has faint vertical lines spaced about 2mm apart down most of the display! See the pics. The textures on detailed sections seems messed up too. Its most noticeable on faces. I know it isn't my connection because the picture is the same through both the digibox which is running on a composite connection and the PS3 which is running via an HDMI cable. Its been fine up until a few days ago when it just happened suddenly. Has any one seemed the symptoms in the pictures or have any idea what might be causing this? Its not that old a set but since I bought it second hand and dont have a receipt I doubt I can get it repaired under warranty.

Cheers,

Scorpius911

PS another thing I have noticed is that the (normally) green power status indicator light at the front of the set is now often red! Even during normal operation when it should be green!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
assuming you have eliminated the source issues, i.e., it is happening on all channels, dvd, etc.

i have been watching the forum for 18+months and while I don't recall seeing exactly the same problem. i have seen several reports of people having lines, bands or streaks.

if the set is under a year old it should still be under warranty. did the original owner have an extended warranty by any chance? in any enent, if you haven't already done so, i'll make a service call asap and hope you have the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius911 /forum/post/14325205

Hi guys! I have a major problem with my plasma display and hoped someone on here may be able to help. Seems a good community here so here goes.

I've had my Panasonic TH42PH10BK for about 3 months. Last week it suddenly developed a strange problem where the picture has faint vertical lines spaced about 2mm apart down most of the display! See the pics. The textures on detailed sections seems messed up too. Its most noticeable on faces. I know it isn't my connection because the picture is the same through both the digibox which is running on a composite connection and the PS3 which is running via an HDMI cable. Its been fine up until a few days ago when it just happened suddenly. Has any one seemed the symptoms in the pictures or have any idea what might be causing this? Its not that old a set but since I bought it second hand and dont have a receipt I doubt I can get it repaired under warranty.

Cheers,

Scorpius911

PS another thing I have noticed is that the (normally) green power status indicator light at the front of the set is now often red! Even during normal operation when it should be green!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts