AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION REGARDING AMPLIFIERS. I AM RESEARCHING WAYS TO ENHANCE AND IMPROVE MY MUSIC AND HOMETHEATER EXPERIENCE. BASED ON THE FOLLOWING SPECS OF MY CURRENT EQUIPMENT , WHAT RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD YOU EXPERTS IN THIS FIELD GIVE TO ME ??? AFTER READING SEVERAL POSTS THE PARASOUND,CINEPRO,SUNFIRE,AND SHERBOURN AMPS GET HIGH PRAISE!!! IF AN AMP IS RECOMMENDED, WOULD I GO WITH A 2,3,5,or7 CHANNEL AMP AND HOW WOULD I CONFIGURE IT ?? BI –AMP OR RUN ALL THE SPEAKERS THROUGH THE NEW AMP

THE REASON I AM EVEN THINKING ABOUT MORE POWER IS THE FRONTS AND CENTER DO NOT SEEM CRISP AND CLEAR , I BELIEVE THEY ARE STARVING FOR MORE POWER .

AND THE REARS SEEM NON-EXISTANT. BUT AS YOU CAN SEE BY MY QUESTIONS , I AM NEW AT THIS AND AM LOST AS TO WHAT MY OPTIONS ARE. BELOW ARE THE SPECS OF MY CURRENT SYSTEM.

A/V RECEVER >>

DENON AVR 3300

105 WATTS PER CHANNEL

FRONTS L/R>>

KEF REFERENCE MODEL TWO'S (ROSEWOOD)

4 OHMS

50-200 WATTS

CENTER>>

DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY C1000B

4-8 OHMS

20-300 WATTS

REAR SURROUNDS>>

DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY BP-1X (BI POLAR)

8 OHMS

10-125 WATTS

SUBWOOFER>>

DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY POWERFIELD 1500

250 WATT POWERED

ANY ADVICE OR SUGGESTIONS I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE.

PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT
[email protected]

Or i will look for posts Thanks

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
ALL yUoR [email protected] bEloNG Two US!!!!

Ok now with that out of the way ;) Why not use something other than capital letter THROUGHT your entire post?

Anyway.

Denon 3300

That is the same receiver that I have. I purchased a Anthem MCA 2 series II amp for the front. 2 channels X 180 watts @ 8ohm (though my maggies make the amp crank up to 340 watts @ 4 ohms) I would also consider looking into QSC amps and/or Crown. Yes they are amplifier made for theater but are usually cheaper than the "boutique" amps. My next pruchase hopefully wil be a QSC DCA 1622 (250 x 4 @ 8 ohm) . :) I think the cost is around $800-$1000 for that amp. Though I might be hi balling it though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.