AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 63" Samsung 3D Plasma TV and the following bubble appeared on the bottom of my screen.

When we turned the tv off, the entire screen went black but the bubble was still slightly lit.

Sorry about the pool quality pic, it is from my phone. The line across the picture is from my phone, not on the tv. I am talking about the semi-circular discoloration at the center/bottom of the tv.

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts
Wow i've never seen that type of failure. Did anyone hit the TV in that area, or did it just appear all by itself? I wonder if the panel has delaminated or sumthin.

What's the TV's model number?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Model number is 63PNC7000 - my kids were watching the tv and it was fine. We turned around a few minutes later and this bubble was on the screen. I don't know if it happened really quickly or slowly formed, but it is there for good now. Wierd how that bubble was still slightly lit when the tv turned off - could the plasma gas be leaking from a bad panel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish that were the case - from what I've heard, Samsung rarely replaces a tv. They would rather repair every single part before they give you a new one. I have already had one plasma panel replaced once because it went black on me - luckily the tv is still under warranty as I bought it in March 2011. I will work on calling them again to schedule another possible warranty claim.

Has anyone else had any issues with the 7000 series with Samsung? Any other ideas as to why my tv would display a circle on the screen? I have examined closely and there are no cracks or damage to the screen. Nothing has hit the screen, there were simply kids cartoons playing on it when this happened.

Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufmatt00 /forum/post/20828962

I wish that were the case - from what I've heard, Samsung rarely replaces a tv. They would rather repair every single part before they give you a new one. I have already had one plasma panel replaced once because it went black on me - luckily the tv is still under warranty as I bought it in March 2011. I will work on calling them again to schedule another possible warranty claim.

Has anyone else had any issues with the 7000 series with Samsung? Any other ideas as to why my tv would display a circle on the screen? I have examined closely and there are no cracks or damage to the screen. Nothing has hit the screen, there were simply kids cartoons playing on it when this happened.

Any input would be appreciated.

Where did you purchase the set?

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.