AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the other parts, a 5000 reciever and mod but can't figure out what dish I need to receive hdtv.

I did a search but that didn't help much tons of info on directv but didn't find much on dish.

thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you want the rest of dish's offerings, you'll need a Dish500 pointing at 110&119 and a switch.

------------------

Les_D

DFAST = HD DiVX

DFAST has nothing to do with stopping piracy and every thing to do with making you pay EVERY TIME you watch a movie.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i don't need a oval dish or 24 inch dish for hd tv. I noticed a house down the street got a slightly bigger dish, Could that be to help with rain and snow fade.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
so i don't need a oval dish or 24 inch dish for hd tv
Those are DirecTV dishes. It is an eliptical shaped 24" dish. It points at satellite positions 101 and 119 (with an option for 110).

If you want regular programming, you need a Dish500. It's a 20" dish that points at satellite positions 110 and 119. That's where the standard definition programming comes from. You then need a Dish 300 for the HD programming. It's a regular 18" dish that points to either 61.5 or 148 for the HD channels.

You will also need another set top box to convert your 5000's modulated output to HD. Unless you want to record HD programs, sell your 5000 and modulator on Ebay (you'll get $1000+) and get the Dish 6023 system. It has everything you need.

-Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.