AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife swindled me in to custom TV cabinet for the family room TV. Unfortunately, I can only fit a 30 3/4" wide TV there! Woe is me. Thus I need the best TV available.

The only model I can find is a Sharp 32" from Best Buy. You know you're hurtin if the even the salesman was pitying me.

Any recommendations?

· Banned
3,023 Posts
You should NEVER buy the cabinet before the TV! Get the TV you want, then get the cabinet for it and make sure there is extra room for future upgrades. At this point in time you should be considering WIDESCREEN HDTV sets.

· Registered
470 Posts
Don, don't you know when to quit? This guy has obviously already purchased the cabinet and is just looking for a little help on TV's that will fit the area.

I'm beginning to wonder if anybody moderates this area. Most forums I visit would have eliminated a troll like you long ago!

AV1, let me know if the Panasonic links are of any help. If you don't like them, let me know and I'll see what else I can find. I'm sorry to see that Don has now tried to ruin your thread.

· Registered
470 Posts
He already has the furniture and is looking for a recommendation on what might fit. Look at my first post and then look at yours. I provided information on 3 sets that might fit. You ripped him for getting the cabinet first then told him he should consider a widescreen instead.

So who tried to help and who was pushing an agenda?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the Panasonic links. I still like the Sharp due to its flat screen. The room is very bright and my current 32" Sony reflects a lot of ambient light. Virtually unviewable in the day.

Thanks again.

· Banned
3,023 Posts
I merely stated that its wrong to get the cabinet first without measuring the space needed for the TV sets you are considering - you limit your choices that way. I believe that is why many folks end up with a 4:3 digital set - because they painted themself in a corner like this poor guy. Otherwise he could choose a widescreen HDTV set - I say don't limit your choices due to a poor entertainment center. Replace the cabinet and get the TV that is best, compared to the cost of the HDTV set the cabinet is a minor cost. I am not limiting his choices I am trying to expand them! Kadman appears to want to limit his choice and not explore other options!

Plus in another thread, Kadman admits to agreeing with a post that includes this statement: "If you are like me, you'll be watching a fair mix of both SD and HD. For these situations, I far prefer the 16:9 over the 4:3"

So it is agreed by all now that 16:9 is the best choice!

· Registered
470 Posts
I repeat, I offered help and you offered criticism. I did not agree to the post stated above. It's just a one more lie in a VERY long list from this guy. I would strongly advise everyone to be careful of any information that he posts. He says he'll use it to "prove he is right." Every time he does, I'll simply use it as an example of his lies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.