• Sony XBR6 46"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samsung 650 46"

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All four would be bought brand new, locally. The TV is for a Living Room, will have a Blu-Ray player attached, and an XBOX 360. Speakers will be either in the ceiling (except for a small sub) or they will be some small system like Bose (this will be another thread/research).

I can swing the $1,750 for the Sony, but if the Vizio is 90% as good for 57% the money I'd be a fool not to get it - is it 90% as good? Then there's the Z or The Samsung. I can get the 750 for about $50 more to boot.

I've held off on buying a TV for a while now - my current is a 50" Sony SXRD 1080i. I really want to get something that will have a noticeably better picture.

Thank you all so much in advance for your help.

· Registered
485 Posts
I have the a650 and love it. But it is glossy so if that's a problem for you I would rule that one out.

My in-laws have the Sony Z and it is very nice also. I like my Samsung better, but it wouldn't work for their living room because of reflections.

I haven't seen the Vizio so I can't comment on that.

· Registered
1,754 Posts
i suggest you start slogging through the owners' threads for those models, especially the for the z4100 and the xbr6. they are always making comparisons there between these sets, and the w4100 also, and also with the samsung products. some people have actually owned both the x and xbr6, so you will get a firsthand account. i suggest you start at today's date and work back as much as you can stand.

· Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenhanded /forum/post/15410033

All four would be bought brand new, locally. The TV is for a Living Room, will have a Blu-Ray player attached, and an XBOX 360. Speakers will be either in the ceiling (except for a small sub) or they will be some small system like Bose (this will be another thread/research).

I can swing the $1,750, but if the Vizio is 90% as good for 57% the money I'd be a fool not to get it - is it 90% as good? Then there's the Z or The Samsung. I can get the 750 for about $50 more to boot.

I've held off on buying a TV for a while now - my current is a 50" Sony SXRD 1080i. I really want to get something that will have a noticeably better picture.

Thank you all so much in advance for your help.

Sony is a great choice. Thats what i'd choose.

· Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevToTheRedline /forum/post/15415511

The Z Series and XBR6 are the same TV visually, slightly different features. Similar to the comparison between the Sammy A650 and A750.

I had to reply to this post, as I have seen many posts like this. Over the holiday season, I was looking to replace our 6 year old Sony 1080i giant projection television and looked into buying a flat screen replacement.

Initially, Amazon had a great deal on the Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ85U 42-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV, which we bough based on the good reviews. We found this televison very difficult to watch with very poor colors (red too bright, everything had an orange tint, very poor flesh tones)
. We returned to Amazon and purchased the Sony Bravia Z-Series KDL-46Z4100, which we purchased over the XBR6 due to such phrases as it was basically the same machine, and in some places saying it was replacing the XBR as top-of-the line. We returned this television as well
, since my brother in law had just gotten the XBR-6, which looked SOOOOO much better - brighter, better flesh tones, and it seemed much sharper. we thought it might be our feed, but we replaced the z4100 with the Sony Bravia XBR KDL-46XBR6 and it seems really a lot better.

Based on a direct comparison between these three sets, we found the Sony Bravia XBR KDL-46XBR6 to be a far superior product.

That's my two cents...

· Registered
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevToTheRedline /forum/post/15415511

The Z Series and XBR6 are the same TV visually, slightly different features. Similar to the comparison between the Sammy A650 and A750.

I had to reply to this post, as I have seen many posts like this. Over the holiday season, I was looking to replace our 6 year old Sony 1080i giant projection television and looked into buying a flat screen replacement.

Initially, Amazon had a great deal on the Panasonic Viera TH-42PZ85U 42-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV, which we bough based on the good reviews. We found this televison very difficult to watch with very poor colors (red too bright, everything had an orange tint, very poor flesh tones)
. We returned to Amazon and purchased the Sony Bravia Z-Series KDL-46Z4100, which we purchased over the XBR6 due to such phrases as it was basically the same machine, and in some places saying it was replacing the XBR as top-of-the line. We returned this television as well
, since my brother in law had just gotten the XBR-6, which looked SOOOOO much better - brighter, better flesh tones, and it seemed much sharper. we thought it might be our feed, but we replaced the z4100 with the Sony Bravia XBR KDL-46XBR6 and it seems really a lot better.

Based on a direct comparison between these three sets, we found the Sony Bravia XBR KDL-46XBR6 to be a far superior product.

That's my two cents...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.