AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a professional photographer looking to make the right choice in a display panel for photography and powerpoint presentations in my studio. Here are the particulars for you experts to help me choose the right HDTV:
  • Ambient light is present, but can be moderated in a pinch (leaning toward matte panel)
  • Viewers will be seated 15'–20' away
  • Content will be a mix of graphics and photographs, with lots of white/light tones like you see on my website

I have a 52" Sharp Aquos in my home that I've been fairly pleased with for the price, but am not sure what other factors should be taken into account when looking at 70"+ options for viewing this kind of static content. Of course, it would be nice to be able to watch a movie here or there and not have it suck, but video performance is not the key driver for this purchase.

FWIW, I took sample images in HD and UHD resolutions up to HH Gregg and viewed them on 70" panels side by side. At the distances I'll be viewing, there's no good argument for 4K/UHD give the cost delta, even if other IQ factors are in play.

Thanks, and let me know if you need to know anything else to weigh in!

—m

·
Registered
216 Posts
Too Date as I've read thpicture xbr 65x900a has the best unsaturated color production but the Samsung un65f9000 has the best contrast ratio. Since I'm not a photographer I can't tell you what's better but it does Narrow down to the best pictures from last year's TV's. Perhaps you should look for a location that has one or both... Personally I like the Samsung look better and my wife likes the Sony better

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Covfam. The 4K price premium doesn't appear to be worth it on a 70" class panel if you're sitting 15' or farther away from it. That said, I'm hoping to get some feedback about 1080p panels that are more affordable since this won't be so much a videophile setup as it is a daylight defeating display with a preference toward highlight detail over deep blacks, if that's a decision I need to make.

Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Samsung has a cheaper version of that 1080p it's the un65f8000 it's the same television as the 4k un65f9000 just without the 4k resolution. And it the top 1080p for picture quality untill more 2014 TV's arrive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts