AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm hoping to get a lot of input to this question, since I have not and probably will not be able to see any/all of these projectors in person before I purchase one.

So, here it goes.

I'm interested in purchasing a new projector for home theatre application. I've just moved into a new home without any proper home theatre setting. (Generally, lots of windows, which will be promptly blinded as best as possible!) But, in any case, I'd like to be able to watch television on our 120"/4:3 screen in moderate light situations, if possible. The projector must also be placed in a fixed location, which cannot be changed. (This might affect zoom/keystone function, etc.) I'm pretty sure I should at least get XGA native resolution, so that's a minimum requirement. I'd really like to try DLP over LCD, but I think I only want to try it for the sake of trying a new technology. I've read the pro's and con's of both, but I really have no practical input. Lastly, I've got a pretty limited budget (around $3,000-ish, but I could budge, if convinced) so I want the most money can get. Everything else I'm taking into consideration is from input/opinions of other users like yourselves.

I've basically narrowed my search down to 3 models. Taking into consideration the above mentioned conditions, which projector do you guys think I should purchase?

a) The NEC LT155

b) The InFocus LP350

c) The Sanyo PLC-XW20

OR, am I completely WAY off, and are there other models I should be considering?

Thank you so much for all of your input!

-timmy

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I'd go for highest lumen projector (Sanyo?) as ambient light will require bright projector. I'd also choose cheaper bulbs as TV can eat a lot of hours on a bulb. I'd also consider getting a higher gain screen like the Dalite Hipower 2.8 gain screen which will help in ambient light.

------------------

Huey ;-]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.