AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could somebody please point me in the right direction? I am in the UK (PAL 50 Hz) and doublers/scalers are almost unheard of here outside real hi-end dealers. I want to add a processor to feed both my Seleco SVD 500, (7" CRT front projector with max horiz. scan of 38KHz) AND a plasma, probably a 50". As yet, I haven't committed to a particular plasma, partly due to this dilemma. (Do all plasmas give better results with offboard scaling? Is doubling not enough, does the plasma require pixel for pixel?).

I see there are some processors that do offer more than one output, which would enable it to be connected to two displays at once, ie. iScan Ultra (if DVI can be used for plasma/PAL), FE CS-1 (DVI again), Faroudja DVP2200 (have the chance to buy one used).

Any advice would sure be appreciated:)

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
If you don't mind using a PC, HTPC will be the most flexible, very good PQ, and moderate in price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Huey,

had thought about, and discounted using a PC, because ease of use for the whole family is a priority.

The plasma will be the main tv watching monitor, and aside from the limited user-friendliness of a PC, it needs to be a 'fit and forget' solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.