AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a HTS receiver

- that can take multiple hdmi video inputs

- *two* HDMI ouputs (preferably display simultaneously, but be either or)

- two output "zones" for surround sound speakers (preferably simultaneously, but could be either or)

- supports at least two digial audio outputs (not simultaneously)

Thanks!

·
Registered
130 Posts
whats your budget that you are looking at?

what speakers are being connected to this?

and what exactly are you connecting to it bluray, directv, and bla bla bla?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My budget is flexible, but not looking for top tier. I'd prefer to stay under $1K, if possible. I currently have a home theater with a low end Sony receiver that I am not even running video through. I only want to replace because I am adding a screened in porch with LCD and stereo speakers for radio and thought consolidating to a single receiver in my home theater and have it drive both my home theater and porch. I'd trade functionality for quality.

Video may include Comcast and/or FIOS HD, TivoHD, DVD, and xbox XBMC.

Audio inputs may include FM, Sonos or Logitech and mp3 via Tivo, Sonos or Logitech).

Outside TV is yet to be purchased, but will be a lower end LCD or Plasma in the 40 inch range. Not sure if it will even be 1080p. The inside TV is an older Sony Rear Project 1080i (KP-65WS500) with 5.1 Polk speakers.

Outside speakers are yet to be pruchased, but will be outdoor quality, lower end unpowered speakers. Looking at getting 2 (maybe 4) of the Polk Atrium 45 Outdoor speakers and running them in just for stereo outside.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I would imagine that the Marantz SR7002 ($1,400 MSRP) would be closest to meeting your requirements with the exception being the price! I'm not sure if you can get it anywhere for under the MSRP, but it should provide an excellent balance of functionality and quality. I can't think of any other AVRs with 2 HDMI outputs that are anywhere near your price. Good luck!

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
- *two* HDMI ouputs (preferably display simultaneously, but be either or)

why not just buy a HDMI 1x2 amplified splitter? and just get a good AVR with one HDMI out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/14312312

why not just buy a HDMI 1x2 amplified splitter? and just get a good AVR with one HDMI out?

I was under the impression that HDMI splitters were "either or", so I'd have to switch back and forth, probably mannually? I'd prefer a set up that a single receiver could drive two HDMI displays at the same time. But, for $1400, maybe my butt will need to run downstairs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRSQUARED /forum/post/14312280

I would imagine that the Marantz SR7002 ($1,400 MSRP) would be closest to meeting your requirements with the exception being the price! I'm not sure if you can get it anywhere for under the MSRP, but it should provide an excellent balance of functionality and quality. I can't think of any other AVRs with 2 HDMI outputs that are anywhere near your price. Good luck!

Thanks.

I found six receivers that have HDMI out and the only two are in the ball park of my price range are the one you mention and the recently reduced Onkyo TXNR095.

See:
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/P...ems=033AV5308C

·
Registered
421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapeapeceo /forum/post/14314268

Thanks.

I found six receivers that have HDMI out and the only two are in the ball park of my price range are the one you mention and the recently reduced Onkyo TXNR095.

One other thought might be to drive the main TV with HDMI and the new "outside" one with component out. I know, 5 cables instead of one but it gets you in the $500 receiver range.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd really prefer to run HDMI over component, but certainly a plan B.

Looks like I either opt for plan B, or I spend $1200 to $1500. Got it.

So, if I was to spend that kind of cheddar, I'd like to throw one more requirement in the mix. I want to be able to output surround sound to both places, preferably two different sources at the same time. Does anybody know if the Marantz 7002 or the Onkyo 905 supports this?

---

Basically, I'd like a single receiver to accept all of my AV devices (most new receivers do this) and be the source for two seperate home theaters.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Contact AV Science about the Marantz 7002. You might be surprised at the price. I don't think you'll find any receiver that does both HDMIs out simultaneously.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts