AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forums but can't seem to find a good answer to my dilema. I've noticed that when filming indoors, the wide end of the HG20 is not really all that wide. So I need to pick up a wide angle conversion lens. My main requirement is that the conversion lens I get must allow the camera to retain focus capabilities throughout the entire zoom range.

It's my understanding the Canon WD-H37C II .7x wide angle conversion lens allows the camcorder to retain focus capabilities at all zoom lengths. But it is rather expensive and is only .7x. Are there any others out there that allow the HG20 to retain focus capabilities throughout the entire zoom range?

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Decided to bite the cost bullet and get the Canon WD-H37C II .7x wide angle conversion lens. It's scheduled to arrive from B&H today. Hopefully I will be satisfied with "only" .7x...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went and purchase the Sony 0.7X wide angle lens model VCL-E07A for $54.00 at Best buy, it fits and works perfectly with my Canon Hg-20 lens.

Just to give you more options.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiostar /forum/post/15587874

I went and purchase the Sony 0.7X wide angle lens model VCL-E07A for $54.00 at Best buy, it fits and works perfectly with my Canon Hg-20 lens.

Just to give you more options.

Does it let you retain full autofocus functionality through out the optical zoom range? I guess it is a 37mm thread diameter as well? What do you think of it som far? I have not really given the Canon .7x a good trial yet.

·
Registered
243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Nut /forum/post/15600660

Does it let you retain full autofocus functionality through out the optical zoom range? I guess it is a 37mm thread diameter as well? What do you think of it som far? I have not really given the Canon .7x a good trial yet.

I would also like to know if the VCL-E07A is usable through the whole zoom range. I picked up a Digital Concepts wide angle lens that works OK at full wide, but blurs half the picture when zoomed in. Totally unacceptable, so I'm shopping for a better replacement for my HF100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts