AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased the Panasonic VIERA® TC-P42C2 (42" 720p plasma) from Sears. I ended up getting 720p in the end because after researching the internet I was often reading it was supposedly better for gaming (PS3), which is mostly what I do with the TV. Anyways, out of the box the TV's picture seems a bit dull and dark, especially when playing video games shadows and blacks are very dark and is extremely hard to see. I'm not very experienced with TV's so basically I would like recommendations for the best calibration disc I can get. Any other tips would be awesome as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
470 Posts
For starters if you have a THX DVD like "Cars" or UP you can use that to get your basic calibration done. Run the TV for several weeks as you will have to go through this complete cal effort again at 200 to 300 hours on the TV. Make sure you try and not watch too many static pictures during this period and try and zoom any images that have black bars.

Also search on the TV model plus calibration settings for some user starting points. You also may find some good break in tips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.