AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2496 and when installing under Win2k it installs fine but says there is a pci device unknown. Im assuming its the midi port. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
190 Posts
I just installed it today under Win2000. Download the updated drivers from www.midiman.com, use them to install the card. I have the card connected to my Denon 3801, the card plays fine except for PowerDVD. It doesn't find S/PDIF out Device??! Not sure what to do now.

Nav

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have it under Windows 2000, and do not get an SPDIF out option either. As it were, I only have one input option (stereo RCA ins), and one output option (stereo RCA outs), so you're definitely not the only one with this problem. Luckily, I boot Windows 98 also, so there is no real issue for me.

Incidentally, I don't know about digital, but the analog out seems to cause a slight buzz (like clipping, sorta) on my speakers under Windows 2000, and on my room-mate's headphones, so I decided to go with a separate CD transport -- damaging my speakers with clipping-like activity just wasn't worth it, and I'm not going to stay in Windows 98 all the time just to listen to mp3s!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.