AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, let me thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post. I am having trouble with mkv playback. My computers looks great when I set the resolution on my video card to 1080p60. However, mkv playback stutters on that resolution. On the other hand, my mkv backups play fine when I set my video card resolution to 1080p24, but then my computer display gets sluggish (the mouse pointer moves slow). Do I have to switch the resolutions back and forth manually depending on whether I'm watching a movie or doing computer work? Is there a way to set things up so that they work automatically? Here are my hardware specs...

Dell xps 8300 (i7-2600, Radeon HD 6670, and 8GB of memory). I have an LG LD550 LCD tv. I'm playing the mkv's with VLC player.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvenom123 /forum/post/20871254

Hey guys, let me thank you in advance for taking the time to read my post. I am having trouble with mkv playback. My computers looks great when I set the resolution on my video card to 1080p60. However, mkv playback stutters on that resolution. On the other hand, my mkv backups play fine when I set my video card resolution to 1080p24, but then my computer display gets sluggish (the mouse pointer moves slow). Do I have to switch the resolutions back and forth manually depending on whether I'm watching a movie or doing computer work? Is there a way to set things up so that they work automatically? Here are my hardware specs...

Dell xps 8300 (i7-2600, Radeon HD 6670, and 8GB of memory). I have an LG LD550 LCD tv. I'm playing the mkv's with VLC player.

Some players like J. River Media Center can be easily set to automatically switch refresh rates based on the fps of the video files. You might want to try it for playback.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.