AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just got a Delta Dio 2496 and I can't figure out how to get it to do what I want. I want to use the Delta Dio 2496 for music and movies, and my old cmedia 8738 sound card for games. To do this, I thought I needed to leave the Cmedia card as the preferred device under the sound tab in control panel. I changed the output in Winamp to the M-Audio card and it works, but I can't get Windows Media Player 8 and WinDVD to use the M-Audio card, because they don't offer a choice to switch between cards.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Musiclover4:

___Under XP as with any of the recent MS OS's, you can manually switch the audio mapping by Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Sounds and Audio Devices --> Audio tab --> Sound playback --> and choose the card of choice. You may also want to try creating a gaming profile with the Cmedia card as default and an HTPC profile with the M-Audio card as default. This would be the fastest switch other than a script for resetting the Audio card as you swap from games to DVD’s/MP3’s/CD-Audio.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thanks Wayne

I'd been wondering how I'd get two soundcards to work.

I've followed your suggestion and have set up two user profiles,

one for normal use with SB and another for use as HTPC with my Audiophile 24/96.It seems to work just fine.

Regards

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.