AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need something simple but with good picture (Sony is too expensive so great isn't an option. Would prefer to keep it under $300. Companions and elderly person will not be able to handle any complexity. For example, they had trouble with making vcr work using video because they were trying to get it on Channel 3. Simple but decent. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I just got a Sharp 27" flat screen from Costco for $230. It is fairly nice (1 svideo, 1 component)

2-line digital comb filter.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The 27" Sony FS120 can be had for under $300 In my neck of the woods I've seen them on sale for as low as $277.00 especially with the new Sony sets that are just coming out so don't be affraid to fight with them over the price. My other pick would be the 27" JVC but make sure it's the "Regular" JVC model & not one of the "Discount" JVC models that Best Buy has. The Sony's Labor Warranty is 90 days the JVC's is 1 year if that makes any difference to you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been looking at the RCA 27 inch HDTV Flat CRT tube monitor television at Walmart for $294 for my mother. Even though it has an analog tuner, it also has progressive scan and other high end features. The remote is a standard RCA that looks easy enough for finding the on-off button, channel up and channel down. It is a new set, only the 32F750T version shows up on the RCA website. But, except for size and weight, the specs are the same for the two sets. Some specs: INVAR Shadow Mask, Progressive Scan, Scan Rate Converter TruScan Digital Realityâ„¢, Digtial 3-Line Comb Filter, HD Component Input (SYNCROSCANâ„¢),

DVI Input with HDCP, Universal 3-Device Remote.3:2 Reverse Pull Down, Adjustable Color Temp, Auto Color Balance (AKB), Dynamic Color Stretch Circuitry, Scan Velocity Modulation - SVM,Contrast Expand (B&W Stretch),Format Control,Automatic Letterbox Detection, Wide Band Video Amplifier

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.