AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Im new to the HDTV arena and looking for a little advice from you experts. Im in the market for a flat panel 37"-42" under $800. Ive found that Vizio, Olevia, ViewSonic, Visco seem to fall in that category. If i will be connecting an HD cable box and a DVD player i figure i need 1 HDMI and 1 or 2 Component connections.

What are the opinion on recertified or refurbished tv's and should i stay away from any of those brands listed above?

Thanks ahead of time, i really appreciate any help.

·
Registered
217 Posts
For your budget you're going to get what you pay for, but now a days they are some quality sets coming out in the sub $1k price range. Walmart has just come out with a nice 42" Vizio that has been getting some good reviews in the forums. Personally I would stay away from a refurbished model and buy from a retailer with a good warranty program, like Costco.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamarc /forum/post/0

Hey all,

Im new to the HDTV arena and looking for a little advice from you experts. Im in the market for a flat panel 37"-42" under $800. Ive found that Vizio, Olevia, ViewSonic, Visco seem to fall in that category. If i will be connecting an HD cable box and a DVD player i figure i need 1 HDMI and 1 or 2 Component connections.

What are the opinion on recertified or refurbished tv's and should i stay away from any of those brands listed above?

Thanks ahead of time, i really appreciate any help.

I've seen the Toshiba Regza 37" at $999 and below. Nice Tv, Good name, decent posts and feedback on them at this time. Or the Sharp LC-37D43U for a few hundred more....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.