AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I was hoping for some help. I just got a new PS4 and also an HT1085ST. I threw roughly a 140" screen and was absolutely blown away...I wanted to test 3d and just couldn't get it to go.

Mind you I don't have a 3d Bluray to test yet.

First off...the PS4 recognized that I had a 3D display and asked me to confirm the image size for 3D.

When I go to the 3D menu of the BenQ, my only options are 3D off, Side-by-Side, Top Bottom.

I tried to play an Amazon Prime 3D movie...nothing

Netflix, same thing, (although I read that my ISP might not support it, I have AT&T U-verse)

Then I downloaded the Vudu app, and played a 3D trailer, still nothing, I watched the Hobbit trailer, perhaps it was subtle and I didn't notice?? I've seen enough 3D in theaters to feel like I'd know it when I see it.

Perhaps none of these streaming services support 3D streaming for the PS4...although I've found some pages online that individuals said they successfully watched 3D via streaming on the PS4.

I turn on my new Sainsonic DLP link glasses and it goes darker (I assume it's working) and I thought since they're DLP I don't have to do anything else to "sync" them to the Screen. I tried switching the input, and still nothing.

I was going to buy Avatar 3D on bluray to take home and test it some more.

I also thought I could send a signal from my desktop to the HT1085ST, but still very green to all of this. I have a fairly strong Desktop with a weak graphics card setup... two 570's in SLI

I also have Trine 2 and Sniper Elite 3 both in 3D for the PS4 coming in that I'll try out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an Optoma but on the occasions when the 3D wasn't working it was either the 3D option had reverted to DLP when it should have been RF or when the setting was something other than side-by-side. I've never tried to stream any 3D so that may indeed be the problem. See if you can find something you can download to a laptop and hook it up to the projector if that's an option.

If you're not positive that you have it then you don't, there's no doubt when its working correctly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.