AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to help my old friend setup a 4dtv sidecar one weekend in Oak Creek Canyon AZ. We called to initialize the box and they told us to turn to a sat. My friend lives in a canyon and he cannot see all the sat. I think they wanted us to look for the A0 sat., but we couldn't see it. My friend has been running the big dish for twenty years, but is a Joe S.P. when it comes to new tech.

If anyone remembers the initial setup and what to do to get a digital channel? Thank you

Rciegr

·
Registered
463 Posts
You really should visit the 4DTV forum on Delphi, where there is tons of info on setting up a 905 sidecar.

But here is the general way to do it. After making the necessary connections per instructions, point the dish at G10 (G0) which is just east of G5. G0 has the Outdoor Channel on transponder 24 that is in-the-clear. If you're friend can't see satellite G0, his dish is worthless, because he can't see G5 or any of the other "cable" birds, either, since they are all at lower elevations.

Once on G0, turn on the 905 and tune to a digital channel (any will do; I generally use channel 301, which is part of the TVN PPV network; or you can use 101, which is Showtime West). Now call your service provider and get authorization.

Again, I strongly urge you and your friend to visit the Delphi 4DTV forum; there's more information there on the 4DTV than even Motorola could comprehend.

John Colombo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.