AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Sony 50" KDSR50XBR1 today. The problem is i cannot get my PS3 or Xbox to goto 1080P on it. On PS3 it reverts back to 1080i, and the Xbox goes back to 720P...Any help please?

Thanks

Tclark

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
It is a native 1080p TV which means it displays everything at 1080p. However that does not mean it will accept 1080p input, which it doesn't. I'm surprised you were able to buy a 50XBR1 now as they were discontinued about 6 months ago and were replaced with the (less expensive) A2000.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I think you should go back to where you bought it and try to exchange it for a newer A2000. While they probably didn't technically lie to you, you didn't get what you thought you were getting. So, depending on exactly what they said to you is how upset you should be with them.

the XB1 is a 2005 set and almost none of the 2005 "1080p" sets accepted 1080p inputs. A large number of the 2006 sets do accept 1080p on HDMI (still not many on component).

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldorfSalad /forum/post/0

I'm surprised you were able to buy a 50XBR1 now as they were discontinued about 6 months ago and were replaced with the (less expensive) A2000.

When I was at the local Fry's last week they had the 50 & 60 XBR1's setup and the sales drone said they were in stock. Not open box units either. The 60" XBR1 was priced higher than the XBR2. What a deal

Jim

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
IMO the the XBR1 does an excellant job at displaying 1080p, most owners say you woudn't see a difference if it did accept 1080p at the input. I have a PS3 and a 50XBR1 and think the picture is incredible. If you keep it you will enjoy, trust me.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrisoner /forum/post/0

IMO the the XBR1 does an excellant job at displaying 1080p, most owners say you woudn't see a difference if it did accept 1080p at the input. I have a PS3 and a 50XBR1 and think the picture is incredible. If you keep it you will enjoy, trust me.

On movies, yes. For video games you don't want to mess with interlacing.

Also, remember that the XBR1s do seem to have more issues with the optical block than this years models, so given the choice, I would go with this years models for reasons other than 1080p input.

The issue here is that the poster didn't get what he thought he was getting. So what to do depends on the price he paid. If he got a great deal on the set (like 50-60% what an A2000 costs) then it's one thing, if he paid more than an A2000 for it than its another.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Except this might be the only time I agree with Auditor. Unless you got a great really deal on price, there's no reason to risk problems with an XBR1. The A2000's can be found at decent prices and have a much lower chance of having any issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.