Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I took my 120gig WD out of my showstopper and tried to patch it with the 5040 image using 2.1.3 software. The 5040 image that i downloaded from the website did not show up as a .rtv file in the RTVpatch program, but it was there under .all files. I tried to restore the drive with that and got the following error message:

Error: Partition 2 does not start immediately after Partition 1.

Do i have to low level format the drive(14 hrs. ouch) or is there something else I can do?

Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
The only time I see this message is when you did not restore the image before applying the patch.

Try it all over again. Set the 120 gig as target. Click " Restore Target Drive" and point to the 5000 image. The mirroring progress bar will show the image is being copied to the drive. Continue on with the upgrade.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I redownloaded the 5040 image. same prob. Why is this file a .gz file? any other help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
The file you downloaded is zipped with winzip. You may need to change the file extension to .zip so winzip recognizes it. From there on you should be OK.

In the email you sent me "Copying 54024 blocks (26MB)" verifies the image is still zipped. It will be (517MB) when the file is unzipped.

The error you got makes perfect sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.