AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished my own media room and have now been assigned the master of TV's within the family. I am supposed to pick a good 65" TV for our family room. I personally have a 65" Panasonic VT Plasma and absolutely love it, but that TV is hard to come by now and the room this new TV will be in has lots of light (including some direct- no curtains and no one wants them).

So here are the constraints:

At least 65"

Less than $2,250

Good in bright room (even though I know any TV would be better out of direct light)

Allows for easy plug in with Sound Bar (also maybe a recommendation for a sound bar too)

I'm looking for a few models that I should check out in person. I really don't know where to start.

Thank you

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh come on I'm sure some of you have a suggestion or two. I'm just looking for 3-5 models that I should further research myself.

·
Registered
20,596 Posts
Since your price range knocks the currently available plasma out that fits most of your requirements. I would suggest taking a look at the Sony, Samsung, Vizio LCDs. The 2014 Vizios have FALD screens this year and meet all requirements (at least they seem to).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Samsung H5000 fits your bill... but watch out for the reflection. It has no AR filter unlke your Panasonic VT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts