AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I went with the Philips 26" WS HDTV. It's great! Fits my entertainment center almost perfectly (the 30" would have been perfect). Here is my new dilemma. Like the user below, I've tried to get my HTPC to connect and am lost. I'm using the 6600gt using the 9pin component dongle connected to my TV’s HD component input. My TV looks like it supports the following:

Aspect ratio - 16:9

Tuner/Reception/Transmission

HDTV interlaced : HD 1080i, 33.750 kHz, 60 Hz

EDTV progressive scan : ED 480p, 31.470 kHz, 60 Hz

I can't get the picture to look right at all, a lot of flicker and wavey picture. Windows desktop isn't that important but I know it will be hard to read when set up for the best movie PQ. NVIDIA software has an advanced timing tab and some presets, which i tried but to no avail. What I'm looking for are 2 settings, 1 for best DVD PQ and 1 to navigate through windows if needed. I went through some of the powerstrip guide and couldn't get things to work correctly (sheesh noobs :p )

Please help!!! This is definitely very frustrating, but I'm not going to give up so easily!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just got my card and in the process of putting together a new system. What port are you using to get component out? Mine has the standard vga, dvi and svideo. HDTV adapter component feature is advertised but all I see is the component output via svideo port.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking the same thing. Well that svideo connections is actually a 9pin connection and supports HD output. On this page you can download the 66.81 drivers and at the bottom the release notes:
http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_do..._2k_66.81.html

Chapter 7 talks about configuring the HDTV.

On your TV settings tab, you change the signal format to HDTV (scrolling up will give this option). The Video Output Format will component or DVI.

I'm still trying to make it look good. I know it's just settings though. Anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackhood
Download MonInfo and post back the results here.

Moninfo

Doesn't this have to be done via a DVI or VGA connection? My monitor only has HDTV via a component connection. :(

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

·
Registered
24 Posts
yeah.. your right.. sorry about that. what does 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x720 look like? Also when you tried the nvida presets in the HDTV Desktop area did you try overscan, underscan and native?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Guys,

What mobo you are using? I'm having extremely difficulty time to get the XP (original) install on Asus P5GD1 w/ 6600GT card. Keep getting BSOD during setup - code error 0x00007B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, which I believe due to lack of device drive to bring up the xp windows. Any idea? TIA

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm using an intel mobo.

are you using a raid hard drive setup? sounds like the system can't find the hd or problems with the cd. when does it blue screen during the setup?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thx for a quick response. I've wasted my whole weekend w/ this problem and I believe like you stated that XP installation can't find the hd. It's happening when XP try to bring up the installation window, after the setup/load all the drivers. I believe b/c this mobo is using the ITE8212F disc controller which quite new(?) that may be XP installation disk didn't have this driver. Do you how to include it during the installation process? btw, I've tried XP w/ SP2 package and still got the same BSOD. I'm not usign RAID, nor SATA, just regular IDE drive. Frustrating....

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
does your bios have a setting to put the IDE into "compatibility mode" ??

:cool:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nothing can be done at the bios level. Finally, I've downloaded the latest ITE8221F driver and put in the floppy disc so the XP setup can load, using F6 to load additional drivers, and it seems working. Having done several XP installation, this is the 1st time that I have to load the driver separately and the cryptic error msg from XP drove me nuts. I hope I can get my PC operation soon! Can't wait to try out the new 6600GT card :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.