AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm *hoping* to receive a PWD6UY in a few weeks, and am trying to line everything up with accessories. I have a short rack that takes two upright posts to mount the plasma from, kind of like the BellO stands I've seen a lot of. The mounting kit is designed as a "universal", meaning it did not come with the screws that I'll need to place into the plasma itself. Can someone tell me what size screws I'll need to fit into the back of the 6UY?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

·
Registered
14,745 Posts
I have the TH-42WD6UY also, with a Sanus universal mount. What I did was when the panel came I took one of the four screws out and went to the local hardware store and got longer bolts.

Remember they are metric and get the proper thread by threading a nut on the original screw at the hardware store. I got two lengths just to be sure. Watch out for the plastic washers when you take the original screws out, they tend to fall out.

Enjoy, Bill

·
Registered
87 Posts
From Steuert (another AVSer who answered a similar reply I had)

The set uses metric bolts; I am not sure how their size is measured. The ones I used say "8.8" on the head, and are about 40mm long, measuring from below the head; diameter approx. 8mm. The set comes with mounting bolts that are too short; I took mine to a hardware store and tried various sizes from their metric collection until I found a match.

This worked for me...I ultimately bought a mount, nonetheless

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all of you for your replies. I didn't know the set would come with bolts for me to use to match at a hardware store. Hopefully I'll be getting the set soon, and will be able to find the proper bolts quickly thereafter - the empty stand is sure looking lonely at this point...:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
My Peerless mount came with M8 x 40mm bolts. You'll probably need some sort of spacer to fill in the recess on the back. I read somewhere (but can't remember where) that these spacers should be plastic (the ones that came with the Peerless are) because you can get some sort of interference if the metal mounting plate is touching the metal of the monitor's back. I'm sorry I don't have specifics on why this is, but Peerless seemed to go to great lengths to provide this insulation. In addition to the plastic spacers, they also provide "screw insulators" so the metal screws which are obviously contacting the monitor don't contact the mounting plate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The 6UY comes with metric bolts size M8x1.25x15mm. Some mounts have a spacer that will require 35 or 40mm long bolts--just measure how long the bolts would have to be to stick 15mm out of the mount and buy those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.