AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've sorta asked this before, but the answer was unclear.

Does Dilard allow me to enable 720p on the component video input? How? If not, does anything allow me to enable 720p on the component input?

If not, how do I watch 720p from my Panasonic DST50? Do I have to convert Component to RGB, if so... who makes a cheap (but good quality) converter?

I actually own a Proxima G1000 clone.

Thanks,

Jeremy

------------------

D-ILA, HTPC, HDTV, Panamorph(?)

I want Buffy in HDTV!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Jeremy,

You must not have a manual, huh?

I can't help you specifically, but you might do a search in the Archives under Mark Foster or G1000(G10?)that may give you the answer. I seem to remember comments about the G10 and 720p that pertained to your question.

Chris

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wahoo! A reply!

Chris,

You are right, I don't have a manual. (know where I can get one?)

I'm familar with the Mark Foster mod, in fact I think mine already has it. But unfortunately that mod only seems to enable 720p on the RGBHV port and not the component input. So I'm still stuck. (DST-50 is a component device).

I was hoping there was a more advanced mod, either from Dilard or others.

If not, I was hoping to get some advice on component to RGBHV converters.

Thanks,

Jeremy

------------------

I want Buffy in HDTV!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I have sent you the manual in PDF format via email. Key digital does make a product that can transcode your component signal (YPrPb) to an RGBHV signal. AS of yet I do not see a mod for the component input to add 720p. Check your source complement on the component input. Does it have five sources resolutions present?

Let us know how it works out. http://www.keydigital.com/detail.asp...ct_id=KD-CTCA2 The above is the link to the keydigital transcoder. A bit more expensive than I thought. You may be better off trying to pick up a used DTC100.

------------------

STOP HDCP on DVI

Don O

[This message has been edited by Don O'Brien (edited 08-21-2001).]

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the manual! I will do some experiments tonight and let everybody know.

I hope it works, because that converter is a bit pricey., and switching to a DTC100 isn't really an option, since it won't connect to my Panasonic HD1000 D-VHS.

Thanks again,

Jeremy

------------------

I want Buffy in HDTV!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Jeremy,

I wish that I could help, but I just don't have all of the necessary equipment. I am hoping that someone with the same equipment can offer some advice.

If there is no canned mod available, you might need to back up the setting and create the mod. from scratch. Some of the more difficult ones require a bit of tweaking in the 'Advanced' settings, and those can sometimes cause loss of video sync., so if you have a laptop or external monitor, it makes it much easier to create the more sophisticated mods.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Mark

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
* Bump *

Really looking forward to Toy Story in HD, but not if I can't watch it. Any help would be appreciated.

------------------

I want Buffy in HDTV!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.