AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this similar post to the Projector forum, but after a few days still no answer.. I am running a Dell 4500 as my HTPC, it's a nice system with a 2.53 GHZ, 512MB, DVD, CDRW, etc. I also have a dual ATI DVI/VGA monitor card that I am running through the AGP slot.

The Dell 3200 projector has basically one input for both my PC(through VGA) and for a HD signal through component. That input is a specific type of a DVI card, called a P&D or EVC or M1-DA connection(for what that connection looks like go to the following link and scroll to the bottom http://www.pacificcable.com/DVI.htm ).

The projector comes with 2 set's of cables for this p&d connection. p&d to component connection; and p&d to VGA.

I do have a BNC switch box that I have the projector plugged into, along with my HD TV box and DVD player for the inputs. I recently got a BNC to VGA cable and could not get a signal on the projector when connecting it to my PC, but I wonder if I have to change any settings on my PC or projector first so that is first question that I have. I would love for this to work because of the alternative..see the next paragraph.

The other question that I have is only if that BNC to VGA connection is not going to work. And that is basically if there is a way to have a dual input for that P&D connection so that I can have my component and VGA signal at the same time without unplugging one and plugging the other in.

One last thing, when I go directly from the projector to my PC(using the M1-DA to VGA cable) I cannot get a working signal on my projector. When I reboot my PC the image will display on the projector so I know that it's getting a signal, but then when it goes into the login screen the signal is lost.. Any suggestions here, I am thinking I have to change a setting within the graphic's menu or something like that??

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.