AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its probably been a while since anyone here has touched a Fujitsu, but I figured I'd ask.

I've got a P50XTA51UB that I've been trying to dial in via ChromaPure V2/Chroma 5Pro. Source is an Oppo BDP-83 NuForce edition. Couldn't get a consistent gamma response (no matter what picture mode or combination of brightness/contrast/drive settings I used) so I put an AV Foundry Video EQ Pro into the signal path, which has worked wonders for the gamma and greyscale (though I still have a little more tweaking to do).

Biggest issue is red. I just can't seem to get red (and in turn magenta) to track correctly. Saturation appears to be the key problem, with both red and magenta being undersaturated. Anyone know if these Fujitsus can even deliver a properly saturated red/magenta or am I stuck with the very slight pinkish hue? If they can do it, any suggestions for what settings to modify. The built-in CMS controls are pretty advanced, maybe I'm just using them wrong. I'm also wondering if I should be adjusting the main color control to help out with red.

I've attached my latest calibration report.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence /forum/post/19503516

Its probably been a while since anyone here has touched a Fujitsu, but I figured I'd ask.

I've got a P50XTA51UB that I've been trying to dial in via ChromaPure V2/Chroma 5Pro. Source is an Oppo BDP-83 NuForce edition. Couldn't get a consistent gamma response (no matter what picture mode or combination of brightness/contrast/drive settings I used) so I put an AV Foundry Video EQ Pro into the signal path, which has worked wonders for the gamma and greyscale (though I still have a little more tweaking to do).

Biggest issue is red. I just can't seem to get red (and in turn magenta) to track correctly. Saturation appears to be the key problem, with both red and magenta being undersaturated. Anyone know if these Fujitsus can even deliver a properly saturated red/magenta or am I stuck with the very slight pinkish hue? If they can do it, any suggestions for what settings to modify. The built-in CMS controls are pretty advanced, maybe I'm just using them wrong. I'm also wondering if I should be adjusting the main color control to help out with red.

I've attached my latest calibration report.

Thanks.

If you use the color control to adjust red and magenta, you run the risk of oversaturating green, which is about where it should be. However, your VEq Pro can be used to pull green back in should you choose to go that route. Before fiddling around with the Color control, I'd zero out or neutralize the VEq's CMS settings, then bump up the color and see what the CIE plot looks like. As with the old analog stereo equalizers, the VEq works better and more predictably when you use it to cut and not boost.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost any boost via the VEQ creates the nasty posterization effects that others have reported.

I'll try playing with the color control and see how it goes.

I'm still frustrated that I can't get the color right without the VEQ, considering the amount of CMS controls I have built into the Fujitsu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts