AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My upgraded unit has been up for about two weeks with no problems. Today however I noticed that the picture would freeze and then fast forward to catch-up. Later this evening the picture became covered with green blocks, the picture was still there kind-of in the background and the sound was fine. If I turned on pic-n-pic to the same channel it was fine, but what ever was on the main screen was covered with green blocks. I have a good signal and I even swapped the incoming lines from the dish, but everything stayed the same. So now I'm thinking it's the receiver so I put my original hard-drive back in and powered it up, but all I get is the power light flashing, and also an amber and red light flashing.

What do I have to do to get the original hard drive working again?

Any suggestions on my original problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

UPDATE: All is well this morning, after about an hour of the flashing lights the unit connected and downloaded the latest update and now all is back to normal. When I get a chance I'll put the 120GB drive back and see if it still has trouble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Actually your problem sounds very similar to the one I was having with my UTV (un-modified), after experimenting with a fan I discovered it was a heat issue and now have a fan mounted to my entertainment center blowing on my UTV and the proble went away. Not sure if that will help but it is worth a try.

Ed

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've only experience the "ghost" problem on certain channels. Specifically the WB network. Shows that I record from that channel are the ones that sometimes display the problem. I can't help but think that there is something related to the channel. Maybe its their signal?

When you see "ghosts" take note of the channel.

foghorn

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have also seen "ghosting" on WB30 here in Salt Lake. That is the only station I have experienced this on. It is on all receivers, not just the UTV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.