AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn my projector off and let it sit for a day or two then turn it on my convergence and my blanking settings are not the same. It is not terrible just enough to be annoying. I then have to take 5 or 10 minutes to re-adjust. Anyone have any suggestions? Are the settings stored in memory on a battery?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Some ideas:

1) Source irregularities. The source may be starting up with a slightly "off" scan rate, causing the PJ to pick an alternative memory to use. Different memory, different settings. Consider doing a hard reset, then set up only for the scan frequency you use --- and see if the problem goes away. (Caution: doing a hard reset will reset EVERYTHING - white balance, geometry, EVERYTHING. Its up to you to determine if a reset is appropriate for your situation.)

2) Some drift is normal. Make sure the PJ is warmed up (1/2 hour as a min) before doing any adjustments. (I dont see how/why this would effect blanking.)

3) Temperature drift in your room may be excessive. As an example, if you set the unit up while it is 90 degrees and then cool the room 20 degrees the end effect may be almost as if the PJ never "warms up." For this reason I recommend all setup be done at the expected operating temperature. (I dont see how/why this would effect blanking.)

4) You could have some component starting to fail.

Hope this helps-

--Kieth

·
Registered
48 Posts
greyroom,

just as a suggestion........

next time you get the image set the way you prefer it....

write down the blanking settings and some of the convergence settings.

I would think the first thing you need to determine is whether this is a

problem in drift or if you are actually having problems in storing

memory settings. ( they may even be returning to the same settings everytime you turn the system on )

the next time you turn on the projector, check those same settings......

if the settings change, its not drift.....I would think your problem is in memory storage or as kieth has already suggested changes to signal freq.

if the settings are the same but the convergence is off,

you would probably have a problem as suggested in kieths options 2, 3 or 4.

this won't solve your problem, but it may help.

mike

·
Registered
496 Posts
"next time you get the image set the way you prefer it....

write down the blanking settings and some of the convergence settings."

My recollection is this unit only displays hard numbers for gain, bias, and color temperature. I could be mistaken though.

--Kieth

·
Registered
271 Posts
Don't want to miss the obvious--you are using the memory feature to save the settings, correct?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.