AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Paradigm Studio 100's and use my system mainly for movies and music, but more movies for the family. I had an old Velodyne F1800R and just didn't use it near its capacity. Now I invested in another projector and screen I want to start considering subs. I contemplated not even using a sub, but I think for movies I need one.

I may be way off track here but I was looking at the Jamo 650 and the Emotiva X-Ref 12 (priced much higher than Jamo) or Emotiva Ultra Sub 12. I have read many issues with the electronics on the Emotiva which has me a bit concerned. I was open to the Klipsch Reference 12" as well.

I would be buying blind no matter what. I think even if I find a local vendor with the subs nobody will be carrying my Studio 100's V.2 speakers.

Also when I do play music it is almost always either rock or blues. I am open to any suggestions and don't have to go with any above sub. That is just where my search has taken me so far.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
No single sub will be too much sub, so buy the best performing sub within your budget. ID subs are generally considered the best value for the dollar, but you have to decide if you're comfortable with that route.

Specify your room size and the volumes you listen at so folks can give you advice specific to your situation.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.