Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have two UTV's. One model is over 1 year old and the other is less then 2 months. The "newer" unit came with 3.0 software which the unit self upgraded to 3.5.

At least once I week I turn on the TV of the newer UTV (I never shut the UTV off) and it that it is trying to dial MSN to see if the software is current. It dials connects and then says to contact UTV that my unit has a problem.

I shut off the unit and I have to pull the power cord wait a minute or two plug in the power cord and turn it on and then it works fine.

Originally the new unit made itself the MSN parent but I after that i used the older unit to be sure it was the MSN parent. I have a MSN email account that i never used that came with the subscription that i have used to beta test.

Any thoughts?

The Misses is getting frustrated...

CP

·
Registered
524 Posts
Did you switch back to the older unit as the parent unit... with the webtv setup screen when you logged on to webtv?

Check your email make sure it is not set to check email daily... then try to log on to webtv with the other new unit again.

You might disconnect all the cables on your new unit and leave unplugged for 24 hours... pop the security card as well ...

UTV's should be cycled to standby once in a while ... if just for a few seconds.. it will correct minor problems before they become bigger ones... sometimes unplugging them goes a bit farther to correct problems.. after that there is the full reset code.. but only use it if all else fails as you will lose all your setup settings and all the recordings "my shows" will be deleted.

If all fails then sounds like your new unit has got a problem.. and it's trying to correct itself and do a dump to webtv utv diagnostics. If this unit is still under warranty I would consider replacing it..

Good luck...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.