AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a rookie with 3D related stuff and I was wondering if this set up will allow me to play side by side .mkv 3D movie files and what software do I need. Thanks in advance.

Acer H5360

Geforce GT 220

Nvidia 3d Vision Kit

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes, SBS files are generally the same resolution as regular 2D movies, they just split the horizontal resolution in half so they can fit the L and R views into one 1920x1080 frame which are then restretched and combined by your software to produce the 3D image. So if your computer can play a 1920x1080 MKV files then you'll be able to play the SBS file.

Keep in mind though that ARE losing resolution and since 3D is already prone to some blurriness you won't be getting as crisp a picture from half res SBS as you're used to.

If you intend to watch Full Res 3D Blu-ray though you'll need to upgrade your video card. When I got my H5360 my HTPC had an 8800GTS which wasn't fast enough for 3DBD so I upgraded to a 550ti for just over 100 bucks and it works great.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you already get it working in 3d, I mean you can watch the 3D nvidia pictures demo. If that is the case get powerDvD 11 or Total Media Theater 5, that will be all you need, to watch 3D SBS and maybe 3D bluray. Don't buy another video card until you try it. I had an old 9600 gso and it worked find for SBS with my hd66. Good luck and enjoy great 3D on your projector.

Laz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.